Monday, January 26, 2009

Corn & Red Pepper Salad

This salad is very refreshing is the perfect side dish for a Tex-Mex meal! It is also delicious with additional veggies added! This gets thumbs up from both little critics, as well as the picky husband! Yay for corn salad!

Ingredients
2 small cans of sweet corn, drained and rinsed ( 285 gr drained each can)
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 large red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup green onion (scallion), chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (whichever you prefer)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let flavors blend together.
Nutritional Data
1 cup serving
2 WW points
131.6 cal
1.6 g fat
30.6 g carbs
3.9 g fiber
4.3 g protein

3 comments:

  1. sorry to leave 2 comments, but I'm wondering if you could suggest something other than red peppers (or any peppers). My hubby hates them :( and I really want to make this with the other recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often make this with cherry tomatoes and cucumbers... Does he like those. I put the red peppers, cause it's garanteed the kids will eat them (because they're sweet!)... but any other veggie would work well I think. Glad you are enjoying the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the alternate options :). I think I will use both!

    ReplyDelete