Monday, January 26, 2009

Quick & Easy Chicken Quesadillas

Quesadillas are a favorite in our household. Basically, if you like grilled-cheese sandwhiches, then you'll love the Mexican (or Tex-Mex) variety as well. We enjoy all kinds, even sweet breakfast ones filled with bananas and Nutella! Tonight's quesadillas were whipped up quickly and scarfed down just as fast.

Sorry for the horrible shot.. I wanted to eat it while it was still hot! ;)

Ingredients
4 medium corn tortillas (6 inch)
1 chicken breast (250 gr)
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup low-fat mozzarella, Cheddar, or Colby cheese

Directions
- Cut chicken breast in 2 pieces (so that it cooks faster).
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil and add the chicken pieces.
- Boil until cooked (about 10 minutes)
- Remove chicken from water and shred with 2 forks. In a small bowl, mix shredded chicken with the salsa. Split chicken mix into 4 portions.
- Split cheese into 4 portions (1/4 cup).
- Put 1/2 of a portion on 1/2 a tortilla, add chicken mix on the cheese, top with the rest of the cheese portion and fold the tortilla over. Repeat steps for the remaining 3 tortillas.
- Cook in a ungreased heated pan for 1 minute on each side, or until cheese is melted. Be careful not to burn the torilla, keep heat to medium-low.

Serve with salsa and fat-free sour-cream (if desired)... it is very good as is ;)

Tastes delicious with a fresh corn salad!

Nutritional Data
4 WW points
183 cal
3.3 g fat
42.2 g cholesterol
14.2 g carbs
12.2 g fiber
23.2 g protein

2 comments:

  1. you must be psychic. I was just wandering around my kitchen wondering what I could make with chicken that was different than the same old stuff I make. The only meat I pretty much cook with is chicken unless its ground turkey, and I'm just bored (with both). I have all of these ingredients on hand, and don't know why I didn't think of doing this myself lol. thanks for the help. That salad looks wonderful too. So colorful! my mom always taught me colorful=yummy, so there ya go! I will most likely make this for dinner tonight :). Thanks for the help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want a Quesadillas

    ReplyDelete