Friday, January 9, 2009

Couscous Salad for Two!

I am horrible at measuring the proper amount of pasta, rice or couscous.... or any other grain that swells up when cooking! Today's leftover: couscous!

I love couscous salad, and always whip up a different one depending what I have on hand. I usually omit oil when making salad, since I am trying to lose weight, but go ahead and add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil to the mix if you aren't worried about the fat! I recently purchased a bottle of Apricot Balsamic Vinegar that is devine! I have never tasted flavored Balsamic vinegars before, but now that I have, I am hooked. I will be trying all the other flavors I saw at the supermarket! The bottle I purchased is from Olitalia, an Italian brand available here in Europe... I'm not sure if it's sold in North-America though. HoweverI did find a place that sells it online.


Ingredients

2 cups cold cooked couscous
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tomato
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 tsp Herbes de Provence*
2 tbsp minced or diced red onion
2 tbsp Apricot Balsamic Vinegar**
salt and pepper to taste

Simple Directions :)
- Mix all ingredients, except the couscous.
-Add couscous and mix to coat.

*Herbes de Provence is a blend of herbes. You can find it in most supermarkets. If yours doesn't carry any, here is a recipe to make your own.
**If you can't find Apricot Balsamic, substitute it with any other fruit infused Balsamic vinegar, or a sweet Balsamic Vinegar.

Nutrional Data
1 serving
4 WW Points
212 cal
0.6 g fat
3.9 g fiber
7 g protein
0 g cholesterol

3 comments:

  1. Wen, put the link fot this blog on your other one so people come see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love it when you make couscous, I will try some of these for sure, starting by the couscous...
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I am trying to couscous this week. I'll let you know if I can cook it as good as you;)

    Merci pour le site. Je trouve ca trop cool!

    Gexxx

    ReplyDelete