Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cream of Mushroom Soup for Two

No one in this house enjoys mushrooms but me... Well, my daughter loves them raw, but doesn't want any cooked ones in her food. The worst part about this is that I LOVE mushrooms, crave them even. I must get my fix every once in a while. I had a pack of mushrooms in the fridge that had to be consumed before they died. Pressed for time and starving I concocted this cream of mushroom soup. It did it, I was pleased, I had my mushroom dose! I fed the soup to the mushroom hatin' kids, didn't tell them what it was, and they ate it ALL! Suckers!! I think its a texture thing and not a taste thing. That gives me the liberty to make some cramy mushroom sauce next time we have pasta... poor Papa Tomata, he'll be all alone hatin' on the mushrooms!


Ingredients
small container fresh mushrooms (1/2 lb)
3 cups vegetable broth
2 tbsp dried onion flakes
1/4 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp fat-free cream cheese

Directions
- Add mushrooms, broth, onion flakes, and thyme in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Let simmer for about 10 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese.
- With a hand mixer, puree the soup.

Nutritional Data
1 WW point
77.4 cal
0.4 g fat
2.5 g cholesterol
12.9 carbs
1.8 g fiber
5.6 sugars
6.5 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment