Monday, February 16, 2009

Asian Slow Cooker Pork

Had a pork craving, so I made pork in the slow cooker tonight.... it was awesome... I was left satisfied!
So far, I haven't been liking the texture of meat when cooked in the crockpot... This is the first recipe that I really loved. The best part is that the little critics thought the "chicken and the little green balls" were delicious... YEAH BABY! The big critic ate enough for 2 people, so all and all, this was a success :) I'm definitely making this again.


Ingredients
(makes 4 servings)

1 lb pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small onion, halved and sliced
1/2 cup sliced red pepper
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce

3 tbsp light peanut butter
1 cup frozen green beans, thawed *

Directions
- Place all ingredients (but not peanut butter and green beans) into the crockpot and mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Stir in peanut butter an thawed beans.
- Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice or rice noodle.

* My frozen beans were a mix of grean beans, peas and ademane beans (soya beans).

Nutritional Data
1 serving
8 WWpoints
345.8 cal
21.6 g fat
76 mg cholesterol
11.3 g carbs
2.3 g fiber
3.6 g sugars
25.8 g protein

3 comments:

  1. oh yay! Thanks for another great recipe! I have all of these items on hand so I will probably make this tomorrow, but with chicken instead (we aren't big pork eaters).

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recipe & I find if you brown the meat prior to putting in the crockpot it helps the texture. I love pork recipes & have a few for the slow cooker & with P-buter as well, thai dish.
    Aunt L

    ReplyDelete
  3. If and when I use the crockpot, its because I don't want to use any other dish or cook anything else... I just want to dump everything in and go! LOL
    If not, I much prefer cooking the entire recipe on the stovetop ;)

    ReplyDelete